1321 Harvey Road *
by Thomas Boyd, Jr., possibly as early as 1824, this two story brick
with Federal influences boasts an arched roof dairy, an elaborate
corbelled cornice, and a distinctive metal shingled roof.
9625 Old Rutledge Pike.*
was built in 1838 along the main stagecoach route from Washington,
D.C. to Knoxville and points south. Coaches made stops at Chesterfield.
The home was built for Dr. George W. Arnold who moved to East Tennessee
from Roanoke, Virginia.
409 Ebenezer Road *
Mill was constructed c. 1870 as a turbine mill, and served to mill
corn and wheat. After the turn of the 20th century, the
mill was expanded to manufacture feed and act as a saw mill.
3800 Copper Ridge Road
two-story brick home was built c.1834 by August A. Fox, Sr., who
moved to Knox County from North Carolina.
In The Forks
2390 Asbury Road *
Lebanon In The Forks Presbyterian Church was destroyed by fire in
1981, but the accompanying cemetery, monuments and other structures
on the site are still included in the designation.
Springs (Gov. John Sevier Home)
1220 W. Governor John Sevier Highway *
Springs was the home of the first Governor of Tennessee, John Sevier,
and was built c.1790. In addition to the original two story log
home, reconstructed buildings include a kitchen, springhouse, smokehouse
and loomhouse. Sevier was noteworthy for his military career and
is civil and political services, beginning with his association
with the Watauga Association and including the state of Franklin.
He served as governor for six terms, 1796-1801 and 1803-1809, and
later was a member of the State Senate and represented Tennessee
in Congress. Marble Springs served as his home from 1790 to 1815.
6110 Asheville Highway
c. 1805 two story brick house is associated with Moses Armstrong,
son of Robert Armstrong, the Revolutionary War veteran who first
settled the land. Moses Armstrong operated Armstrong Ferry and was
prominent in the early history of Knox County.
2700 Thorn Grove Pike *
Ramsey House was built in 1797. It was the first stone house in
Knox County, and was designed by noted architect Thomas Hope, who
was brought from Charleston, South Carolina. Its owner was Francis
Alexander Ramsey, an official in Washington County government, in
the State of Franklin, in the territorial government and in the
State of Tennessee.
8427 Martin Mill Pike
Reagan-Houser-Christopher house (c.1800) was a stage stop on the
Great Knoxville Road which connected Knoxville to Chattanooga and
points south. James Reagan, who built the first of the two story
log houses, came to Knox County around 1800 after receiving a land
grant. Jonathan Houser bought the land in 1815 and built the second
two story log pen. The house continued to serve as a stopover for
farmers brining their produce to market in Knoxville well into the
of Concord Historic District *
Village of Concord contains buildings that date from c. 1850 to
the first half of the 20th century, and is significant
for its representation of development associated with the railroads
and Knox County’s marble industry.
Also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.